Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Beginning.

Dear readers,
my story starts when I was eight years old. I was at the top of the world, happy care free and a kid. I was happy. Just like in everyone’s lives times’ change, people grow, attitudes change, and we lose that inner child. Growing up comes with many different changes. For some it may be maturing, for others becoming a mother or an employee, maybe it’s by having a coming out party, for me it was understanding. When I was nine years old my parents took in three young children. They were so cute I remember how happy I was to get to play with three more kids. Their names are irrelevant, but their impact interminable. They were the world’s most perfect kids in my eyes. I remember when my life changed. I cannot remember how my parents told me but I knew my life would forever be impacted. My three younger siblings had FAS. I remember being so afraid for the future, I didn't know what to expect. I was only nine years old.
We are constantly impacted by the voices of those all around us. Many people say FAS is bad, not "normal". What is "normal" because I certainly don't fit into that category. There are many people in the world that will tell you one thing, doctors are quick to diagnose but living with my siblings interacting with them helps me learn more and more about the disease every day. This blog is going to give all of you reader’s second hand knowledge of all of the things that I have learned over the years. I hope you enjoy.
Sincerely,
Growing up with FAS

No comments:

Post a Comment